Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 1: Trying something new

May 24, 2012

     So, today officially starts the turn of our lives.  Let me start with a little bit of background first.  My name is Kelly.  I'm 31 years old and I've lived in the same mid-sized mid-western town in Indiana my whole life.  I graduated high school in 1999 and attended college for an initial semester and a half.  Came home from that experience with debt and no direction for the rest of my life.  Have my first child a year later with my high school sweetheart, but didn't get married.  I then met my future ex-wife and tried being a "grown-up".  You'll see how well that went in later blogs.  From that point till now, to try and shorten this up some, I've had two more children, three more jobs, a divorce....  now what???

     Now, for where I'm at in my life today.  Two years ago I met the most wonderful woman.  The woman has changed my whole out look on life.  I have always had goals and dreams.  I've always wondered just how thing might have been IF.  If I'd stayed in college and finished.  If I'd join the Navy when I first talked to them 12 years ago.  All the same kinds of questions I'm sure all of you have asked yourselves.  But no more do I ask what if I "had" done this or that, now it's what if we go on vacation here or I take this job there or what if we move their.  The world seems so bright and hopeful now.  I can't see changing anything from my past.  I don't want to be somewhere else anymore.  I am where I want to be right now.  I only want to move ahead form this point, form this house with this woman...

      And, that's where I'm at now.  I've been listening to Dave Ramsey, the creator of The Total Money Makeover, and Dan Miller, the creator of 48days.com, for months now and I'm tired of not having a plan or clear direction.  This is my attempt to start a life from this point forward and turn this boat of chaos toward a course of....

SUCCESS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment