Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 17: Back to Step 3 & Read Step 4

June 9, 2012

     So yesterday I made the list and selected three things that were most important to complete and delegated some of the rest to Heather.  I completed two of the three I selected and had to drop fixing the van until today because my mechanic was available yesterday.  So in it's place we completed meal planning for the camping trip and listed a lot of the things we need to prepare today.

     On today's list is fine tune the meals, collect everything we have to take and shop for everything we need to take.  These are really fill ins for me because Heather will be mostly in charge of these at the start of today.  My main two today will be preparing a micro-watering system for our garden so it stays healthy in this dry season and two is to bug the crap out of my mechanic to look at and fix the van for tomorrow.

     The fourth step in Dan Sullivan's manual "How to Get to the Top and Stay There" is about relationships.  Professionally the idea is to focus on the top 20% of your client base that provides 80% of your income and make the most out of each one and delegate the remaining 80%.  Personally it's all about family, put your family at the top of your relationship to do list.  The idea of focusing on only 20% of your client base will have the effect of giving you more free time to focus more on your family relationships. 
Reminder: Don't forget Step 4...

     Three of the children are awake, it's 9am, and probably because they are excited about going to a beach tomorrow.  I might have messed up last night while they were getting in bed by talking about all the thing we are going to get to do.  Oh well!  It is very exciting to think of getting away from everything for a week.  ^_^

     I took the four youngest children to the library yesterday to pick up books for next week.  I looked for Meg Meeker's book "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters", had no luck, Gary Chapman's "The Five Love Languages", found a friend with it willing to let me borrow, and Dan Miller's book "48 Days to the Work You Love", Got It!  I started reading the forward, written by Dave Ramsey, and the introduction and I can't wait to dive in completely.


This is going to be a great week for everybody!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment